This is one of my all time favorite things to make. There are tons of recipes online for protein balls. The best part is that you control what you add. You can make these with dried fruit, you can add chocolate, you can add any kinds of nuts, it’s totally up to you! I personally love coconut so I decided to basically drench these guys in coconut and lets just say I was not disappointed. Without further ado, here is my version of these protein bites!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup all-natural peanut butter
- 2/3 cup toasted coconut
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine all of your ingredients in a bowl. Once combined the consistency should look something like this.
- Scoop up some of the mixture and use your hands to shape into balls. Should be approximately 1 inches round. If at any point it seems as though your mixture is not holding together, simply add more home.
- Once rolled out, coat them in a layer of coconut and lay them onto a baking sheet to set it.
- You can store these in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or store them in the fridge for up to one week.
It’s as simple as that! These are a great afternoon snack or even something to include in your breakfast. They are super easy and quick to make and they’re healthy! Enjoy!