Saying I don’t know where 2016 went would be an understatement. So much happened in 2016, from graduating college to getting my first big girl job, 2016 was filled change. Fast forward, here we are, day 1/365 of 2017. I’m not a huge resolution person but I am a “keep these goals in mind this year” kind of person. I promise they are different things. So one of those goals is to share more of this hobby of mine. The creative juices are flowing and the cooking/baking bug is real. With that I am starting the year off with a recipe. A few weekends ago I tried out this Cucumber Bites appetizer recipe and it was a real hit. I came across this recipe on erecipecards and modified it slightly.
1 8oz Cream Cheese
1 packet of small Ranch mix
2 Tbsp chopped dill
3-4 long Cucumbers
15-20 Cherry Tomatoes
Red chili powder or Paprika for optional sprinkling
Additional Dill for garnish
1. To make the cream cheese mixture, using a standing mixer or a handheld mixer, mix the softened cream cheese with the ranch mix and the dill. Mix until combined together. Place the mixture in a piping bag. I used a star tip but you can use any round tip.
2. To prepare the cucumbers, peel the skin off and then cut into about 1 inch pieces. Using a melon scooper, scoop out the middle of the cucumber to make it hollow enough to hold the mixture.
3. Pipe the cream cheese mixture into the hollow part of the cucumber, enough so you have a good amount on top.
4. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half, longways, and then place into the cream cheese mixture. Making sure it is deep enough to stay up.
5. Sprinkle a little bit of red pepper or paprika along with the additional dill for garnish. Chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
6. Serve and Enjoy!
*To making 2017 one heck of a year!*